Curated list of resources about OpenBSD :blowfish:
- OpenBSD Project
- OpenBSD Foundation
- OpenBSD Umbrella:
- OpenSSH - the premier connectivity tool for remote login with the SSH protocol
- LibreSSL - a version of the TLS/crypto stack forked from OpenSSL in 2014, with goals of modernizing the codebase, improving security, and applying best practice development processes
- OpenNTPD - free and easy to use implementation of the Network Time Protocol
- OpenSMTPD - free implementation of the server-side SMTP protocol as defined by RFC 5321
- OpenBGPD - free implementation of the Border Gateway Protocol, Version 4
- rpki-client - free and easy-to-use implementation of the RPKI for Relying Parties (RP) to facilitate validation of the Route Origin of a BGP announcement
- mandoc - free UNIX manpage compiler toolset
- Game of Trees - version control system which prioritizes ease of use and simplicity over flexibility
Projects around OpenBSD
closed-source genua offers sophisticated IT security solutions based on OpenBSD: The two-tier genugate system is the only firewall certified by the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) at E3 / high level under the ITSEC international standard.
closed-source Calyptix Security - firewall to protect and manage SMB networks. See slides.
closed-source M:Tier: OpenBSD thin client (slides), OpenBSD enterprise desktop for Fortune 500 companies (slides and article), Long Term Support subscription.
opensource FuguIta is a live system based on OpenBSD that is designed to run from removable media. Note a portion of documentation is only available in Japanese.
BSD User groups
Interviews with OpenBSD developers
OpenBSD Countries Communities
Third Party repositories
- vedetta - OpenBSD Router Boilerplate
- caesonia - OpenBSD Email Service (there’s also a Playbook for Caesonia)
- dotfiles, sweet dotfiles
- fvwm-config-on-openbsd - Configuration files for the FVWM window manager on a modern OpenBSD
- ohmyksh - A framework for OpenBSD’s ksh
- openbsd.run - An OpenBSD-focused Ansible playbook embedded in type-annotated Python
Portable OpenBSD Components
- jcs@ https://github.com/jcs
- djm@ https://github.com/djmdjm
- bluhm@ https://github.com/bluhm
Please donate to the OpenBSD project.